Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Thoughts

I think this day means more to me each year.

The past week and weekend seemed a little heavy, because I know we were thinking of Laura's dad. I miss my dad-in-law. Still, Father's Day can provide us with another opportunity to celebrate his life and legacy.

With a teenager about to enter his senior year in high school and Noelle just entering Size-3 Huggies Supreme, I consider myself more of a full-spectrum father (I just made that up!). Also, as I mature, I appreciate my father (and mother!) more and more! The point is.... I guess I don't have a point, just documenting some thoughts and feelings.
.
Oh yeah, on Saturday, Connor and I shared the experience of riding a Waverunner! Connor liked the turns, but he was always telling me he wanted to "go the fastest ever"! Thanks friends, for sharing your Waverunners!
My Father's Day started with presents given to me by Laura, Connor, and Noelle. One gift was Adirondack chairs. Although they are everywhere now, the chairs still remind me of living in New England and also of our time spent in the Adirondack mountains and lakes. A cool present was a DVD set to include most of the episodes of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp. I was around 8 years old when the series was on television (1970). At Chelwood Elementary, I was occasionally called Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp (ha ha ha). I had to endure many poor impersonations of Lancelot Link's romantic interest, Mata Hairi, calling out for Lancelot. My Father's Day ended with diet Root Beer Floats and kids having difficulty getting to sleep!


Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp

Future Posts: Fishing with My Homies, Sea-Monkey Chronicles....

4 comments:

Scott said...

Very nice!

By the way, Cooper and Shelby want you to sing the "Land of the Lost" theme song for them. They got all excited when I told them that you knew all of the words. I had to go into an hour explanation about the show and the Sleestacks! A very good conversation piece. At first they were a little scared, but then I explained that the Sleestacks were probably the slowest alien species of all time.

Lance said...

Scott,

I'll be glad to sing for them the "Land of the Lost" theme song, and as a bonus I can sing for them the theme to Gilligan's Island!

You are right, the Sleestaks are soooo slow, as long as you have an exit strategy or magic flashing gem stones, you're okay. Also, be very careful with them, because they can trick you or hypnotize you.

Laura said...

Lance,
You are a GREAT father! (And a great husband, which is part of being a good father.) I love you!
- Laura

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!!! Lancelot Link was one of my favorite shows to watch. Actually, I have one of the vhs tapes.

Clicky Web Analytics