Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nobody Wants to See That

The other day Connor and I were in a convenience store and there was a man looking over the selection of beer in the refrigerated section. This guy was NOT wearing a shirt. He is a large man, some muscle, but he also has a belly that might be the byproduct of his current affection. Connor is standing about 8-feet from this guy and looking right at him. Connor says, "Daddy, why is this man not wearing his shirt"? I say, "I don't know, honey, maybe he left it in the car, let's go". Connor is still just standing there looking at this guy. The guy does not acknowledge Connor at all. I'm thinking this guy is simply ignoring Connor - that is fine with me. I am also wondering why it is taking him so long to pick out beer. Shirtless guys don't stand there and contemplate - they walk in and grab their usual six-pack! As Connor was finally turning to join me he says a phrase we sometimes say to him, "Nobody wants to see that". Thankfully, the guy was still ignoring Connor, appearing to contemplate beer instead.

What everybody wants to see is Noelle going mobile. Another milestone for baby Noelle: Escaping her floor blanket! She somehow rolled, squirmed, and scooted off of her floor blanket and over to a nearby backpack to teeth on a buckle. So, the days of her "staying put" are officially over.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love that story about Connor and the guy without his shirt!

Just to clarify for us in our old age as we read back through this blog, Noelle still has not officially rolled over. She just rolls from her back to her side, and that motion moves her around.

Donna said...

Connor is so perceptive! Very funny story!

Thank you for the info on exoplanets and space.com. Cooper has had fun exploring space.com and learning about exoplanets, which fascinate him.

Donna said...

Congrats to Noelle on her new found independence!

Scott said...

You should have just said hello to me. I didn't see you guys.

Keri said...

Oh, the moving baby. I wish Mathis was still in the "sit and play happily" stage. You get a lot busier once they can move. :)

Clicky Web Analytics