Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Create, Connor, Create


Mutant Bionicles Prepare for Battle!

I love creative hands-on toys for children. Meaning I love them for children and I love playing with them myself! Connor (4) and I enjoy playing with Legos, Kinex, and Bionicles (Bionicles are made by Lego). These toys often come in sets, where you follow detailed instructions. Learning to follow instructions is always valuable. In contrast, it is a terrific experience to take a large box of miscellaneous parts and develop your own, unique creations!

Connor and I are in a phase of creating our own Bionicle creatures from a growing collection of Bionicle parts. We continue to occasionally acquire new Bionicle sets, but the vast majority of our current collection of spare parts come from Trevor’s old collection of Bionicles. Trevor, now 17, became a master at developing his own creations from building sets, such as, Bionicles. Remnants of Trevor’s creations can still be found in the box of parts (I was actually hoping to find a complete creation).

1 comment:

Keri said...

This has nothing to do with your bionicle post, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, here at 11:57 p.m., so it wouldn't be belated. :)

Actually, I do appreciate your bionicle and boy-toy stories. I feel so clueless when it comes to raising a son. I didn't even know there were such things as bionicles and Kinex. I think it's great that you build with your sons.

Clicky Web Analytics