Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pandora Internet Radio

Last year, Laura introduced me to Pandora Internet Radio (http://www.pandora.com/). Pandora's mission is to play only the music you like. You create highly customizable radio stations based initially on favorite artists or songs. Pandora is song-centric, so creating radio stations based on songs is best. A given radio station begins to learn your preferences because you have the option to give a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down to a particular song. A thumbs-down will immediately result in skipping to the next song. If you are tired of a favorite song, you can retire it for a month. You also have the option to buy songs. Pandora is free, because the site runs ads. However, you can pay a modest annual fee to use the service free of ads.

My discussion covers a few basics, but there is so much more to the experience. It is really easy to get started (Do you have 10 seconds to spare? Actually, I know you do, because you are reading this blog!). I enjoy listening while working and I have been introduced to numerous new artists and songs. I highly, highly, recommend Pandora to any music lover. Pandora has competitors, I know, but I really can't add anything in the way of a comparison. I have not been this excited about music since my parents bought me a one-speaker 8-track tape boom-box to play KISS and RUSH tapes!

Friends, if you join Pandora, let me know. I'm looking for folks to add to my list of Pandora friends for online sharing.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Love Pandora! You had mentioned it before, but I (being the lazy person I am) never took the time to look it up. I typed in Bob Marley, and now I get all of the Reggae tunes I want to listen to while I work. It's nice to have the island vibe going through the cube.

Scott said...

Love Pandora! You had mentioned it before, but I (being the lazy person I am) never took the time to look it up. I typed in Bob Marley, and now I get all of the Reggae tunes I want to listen to while I work. It's nice to have the island vibe going through the cube.

Clicky Web Analytics